Camera's at the World

NHPA World Horseshoe Tournament related topics
LarryMac

Camera's at the World

Post#1 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:49 am

I am not much of a computer person but I can't get the picture clear after zooming up close. I followed the direction but all it does is to run with the little circle. Also on the end cameras am I missing something on how they work? Do you need to switch back and forth to see who threw and then switch and see where the shoe land? It looks like a split screen would work good on these courts so we could see both ends at the same time.

Larry Mac

MikeMerzSr
Cadet Member
Cadet Member

Re: Camera's at the World

Post#2 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:58 pm

I agree, Larry, in regards to showing one end or the either. I'd rather see the pitcher's technique, and the path of the shoe to the opposite stake, personally, even if it means putting the cam behind one pit and showing both near and far stakes in one shot.

I've had a lot of trouble accessing the livestream, at all, during the Mens A round today ... anyone else?

Best,

MMsr

Clank

Post#3 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:42 pm

Several weeks ago someone posted on Face Book a split screen video of horseshoe pitching. One screen showed the pitcher. The other showed the shoe landing. Most hopeful thing I've seen in a video but I can't find that post. I've done a search and it still doesn't show. But I believe it was by someone promoting a horseshoe club and maybe trying to do some fund raising.
It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that swing !!!

MikeMerzSr
Cadet Member
Cadet Member

Post#4 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:15 am

This group posts regular split view videos of their league competition.

https://www.youtube.com/user/qukslvr666

The downside, for me, is that I enjoy watching the complete motion, including the flight of the shoe, which you miss out on with split view.

Happy Pitching,

MMsr

Clank wrote:Several weeks ago someone posted on Face Book a split screen video of horseshoe pitching. One screen showed the pitcher. The other showed the shoe landing. Most hopeful thing I've seen in a video but I can't find that post. I've done a search and it still doesn't show. But I believe it was by someone promoting a horseshoe club and maybe trying to do some fund raising.

MikeMerzSr
Cadet Member
Cadet Member

Post#5 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:56 am

I like the perspective WRW's brother Jeff uses on the following video between Walter Ray and brother Nathan.

https://youtu.be/ypNwHTcFC1M

Unlike the World, when you use full screen, it's easy to following the path of the shoe from the hand to the opposite stake.

Although it would be ideal to have a side view of both pits, I've yet to see a quality example from that perspective.

Additionally, I think it's more interesting to view the actions from the player's perspective (end to end),IMHO.

Happy Pitching,

MMsr

LarryMac

Post#6 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:22 am

MikeMerzSr wrote:This group posts regular split view videos of their league competition.

https://www.youtube.com/user/qukslvr666

The downside, for me, is that I enjoy watching the complete motion, including the flight of the shoe, which you miss out on with split view.

Happy Pitching,

MMsr

Clank wrote:Several weeks ago someone posted on Face Book a split screen video of horseshoe pitching. One screen showed the pitcher. The other showed the shoe landing. Most hopeful thing I've seen in a video but I can't find that post. I've done a search and it still doesn't show. But I believe it was by someone promoting a horseshoe club and maybe trying to do some fund raising.

This is a lot better than anything I have seen at the World. The one thing I really like is the score being posted in real time. I think you would have a good viewing audience if the video was where you could tell what is going on. As they stand now they are just about a waste of time. Larry Mac

MikeMerzSr
Cadet Member
Cadet Member

Post#7 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:32 am

Agreed, Larry.

It might be worth it to contact whoever is behind the video creation process and put them in touch with the powers that be to see if they can come up with something better than we have now.

Contact details can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/user/qukslvr666/about

Happy Pitching,

MMsr

This is a lot better than anything I have seen at the World. The one thing I really like is the score being posted in real time. I think you would have a good viewing audience if the video was where you could tell what is going on. As they stand now they are just about a waste of time. Larry Mac

Return to “World Tournament”