57th Ringer Classic

Announcements and Results
LarryMac

57th Ringer Classic

Post#1 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:55 pm

I have signed up for the 57th ringer classic in Greenville Ohio, I was wondering if anybody on this board is going. Dead line is June 23 if anybody is interested.

Larry Mac

LarryMac

Re: 57th Ringer Classic

Post#2 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:47 am

LarryMac wrote:I have signed up for the 57th ringer classic in Greenville Ohio, I was wondering if anybody on this board is going. Dead line is June 23 if anybody is interested.

Larry Mac

I thought you all might be interested in how the tournament went. My first game looked like this was the first time I ever saw a horseshoe. Never did throw the shoe right. The next game was with Alan Francis. Alan pitched first and missed both shoes, I don't know who was the most surprised him or me. I got 3 points, I though at least I won't get skunked which would be easy to do for him. The next pitch he got one ringer and I got a ringer and single point. Well that was about all the points I got. I was pitching about my average the first half then I got on a roll pitched 80% for the last 20 shoes. I ended up with 11 points before Alan went out at 40. Looking back over the score sheet we had pitched 52 shoes and I had made 33 ringers and got to count a total of 3 ringers. So I had 30 dead shoes that didn't count. Alan pitched 43 ringers for a 82% game. That was the only game I got my average and ended up with 1 win with 3 other pitchers and finished 5th out of 6 players. Nice tournament and the people were friendly so all in all it was a good time.
Larry Mac

HSLegend
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: 57th Ringer Classic

Post#3 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:32 pm

LarryMac wrote:
LarryMac wrote:I have signed up for the 57th ringer classic in Greenville Ohio, I was wondering if anybody on this board is going. Dead line is June 23 if anybody is interested.

Larry Mac

I thought you all might be interested in how the tournament went. My first game looked like this was the first time I ever saw a horseshoe. Never did throw the shoe right. The next game was with Alan Francis. Alan pitched first and missed both shoes, I don't know who was the most surprised him or me. I got 3 points, I though at least I won't get skunked which would be easy to do for him. The next pitch he got one ringer and I got a ringer and single point. Well that was about all the points I got. I was pitching about my average the first half then I got on a roll pitched 80% for the last 20 shoes. I ended up with 11 points before Alan went out at 40. Looking back over the score sheet we had pitched 52 shoes and I had made 33 ringers and got to count a total of 3 ringers. So I had 30 dead shoes that didn't count. Alan pitched 43 ringers for a 82% game. That was the only game I got my average and ended up with 1 win with 3 other pitchers and finished 5th out of 6 players. Nice tournament and the people were friendly so all in all it was a good time.
Larry Mac

Great review and what a game against the Champ! To score on him is almost a victory in and of itself!!
I'm a Legend...if only in my own mind...

Return to “Tournaments and Events”