Another Horseshoe Game.

Promotional ideas and programs - Publicity
Clank

Another Horseshoe Game.

Post#1 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:30 am

:idea: :idea: Here's an idea---not for replacing horseshoes---but for a new game and innovation that should add to viewer appeal. The game counts ringers only. And something is fastened a few inches up on the stake or laid on the ground around the stake (perhaps a cone) and designed in such a way that the only shoes showing/hanging on the stake are ringers.

The downside is that ringer averages would drop (in this game only). The upside is that all ringers are easily obsevable from a distance and players who participate in the game would not be doing anything that would hurt their other pitching---since they would be aiming for soft ringers that land about three inches up on the stake. :idea: :idea:

Horseshoe pitchers love pitching in good clay. But this is my thinking. The clay or sand are hindrances to viewing. In bowling we see pins fly. In cornhole we watch the bean bag disappear through the hole. In horseshoes we often can't tell whether or not a ringer has been pitched. I'm just suggesting a game in which ringers are visible because they alone are left hanging on the stake.
It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that swing !!!

LarryMac

Re: Another Horseshoe Game.

Post#2 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:10 pm

One thing for sure you are always thinking Clank! Something a lot of us need to do.

Clank

Re: Another Horseshoe Game.

Post#3 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:19 pm

Thanks Larry. I think but I don't get all the way there. I have faith. There is a geometric design that will cause most ringers to hang on the stake while sluffing those that aren't ringers off. l just don't know exactly what it is.
It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that swing !!!

Return to “Promoting Horseshoes”